Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Chubb Trail

Well, I hit the trail on my mountain bike. Since our recent move to Eureka, MO I have been checking out the bike trails. We are close to a Route 66 park and we have a bike path that cuts through our new subdivision and right out the park. This is a great perk of living here. I have been hooking up the trailer on my bike and toting the kids around. I throw some books, toys and snacks into the trailer and I can get a good 10-12 mile ride in. Plus we would stop by a park so they can play.

I was doing this for a couple of weeks and checking out all of the different paths when I found one that went right up the entrance of the Chubb Trail. For those of you that don't know the Chubb Trail is probably the most difficult mountain biking trail that this area has to offer. What makes it hard is all of the roots and rocks that cover the path. If you are a novice rider, like myself, as soon as you get you momentum going on a climb, you hit a root and it stops you in your tracks. I used to ride this trail quite a bit and really enjoyed it. Of course that was probably 3 years and 30 pounds ago.

So I hit the trail. It was a beaultiful morning. The dew had made the ground pretty wet and the rocks pretty slippery. It was pretty frustrating. I used to be able to just get up the momentum and power over obsticles. That wasn't happening this time. Also about half way through the trail my back tire slipped on a boulder and I went down pretty hard. My hand was numb for about 1/2 an hour from hitting it so hard. I also was slightly bleeding from my leg and arm. It was a lot tougher than I remember. Overall I really enjoyed the ride. It got my heart racing and my lungs burning. When I would get going it was invigorating. Going up and down the rolling hills felt great. It made me miss it alot. Hopefully I will be able to hit the trails a lot more in the near future.

No comments: